Are you ready for Halloween? If you are anything like us and you love everything about Halloween but once again you left your costume preparation for the very last moment. Do not fret, in less than 5 minutes you will be able to create amazing looks using only makeup!
This is a guide to create 3 different looks using your home makeup and white and black cream makeup. The three looks are fairly easy and you can wear black clothes to finish the ensemble.
Let’s dive in!
Before you even start, you should have a clear idea of what you want to accomplish. Take 15 minutes to dive into your favourite social media in search for looks!
As with any other makeup routine, you have to prep your face.
- Wash and dry. Make sure your face is nice and clean; dry it properly and we recommend you use a headband to get your hair out of the way.
- Apply a primer! A good primer will keep the paint from sliding and make the whole process a whole lot better. Let it dry properly before you do anything!
Just a few little tips so your makeup looks amazing!
- If your brows are not part of the look, you can apply vaseline to keep any pigment out of them. You can do this for your hairline too. Just remember to wipe it off when you are done.
- Use a brush for eyes, lips and details; and a sponge for big areas like your whole face!
- When painting details, do it as you would do with an eyeliner. Do little gentle strokes instead of long and harsh ones. Take your time but do not worry if you make any mistakes, you can easily erase it.
- If you want to keep colors separate, allow any applied paint to dry before applying the next one to avoid blending.
- If you mess up, we recommend you use a Q-tip with the tip slightly soaked in micellar water.
- Once you are done and the paint is dry, set your look with a translucent powder. You can use your own or even just talc.
For Skull like looks, we use black eyeshadow to set the black parts of the makeup, especially around the eyes.
At first, it might seem like an impossible task to remove Halloween makeup but using the right tools it becomes a rather easy and painless affair.
We like to use a homemade makeup remover, because it is gentle on the skin and easily removes anything.
In a little bottle or container, mix ¼ of Baby Shampoo, ¼ of Baby Oil and ½ of Micellar water.
Using cotton pads soaked in the mixture, you will be able to remove any evidence of the crazy night you had.
Another method to clean your face is to use only the Baby Shampoo and gently massage your face until it is removed.
Remember to moisturize at the end!
To learn how to recreate our looks, watch the videos below!